railmaster support

olly

Fishy, before i joined the forum i had no idea HRMS existed, and had  activation code problems. Upon contacting mark, he talked me through the whole activation/ change/  code situation, from which, RM, worked. I can only speak from experience, can you. john

I would say, from personal experience, that Mark will always do his level best to help regardless of the type of query you present him with. He has certainly assisted me with RM code issues. I suppose it depends on the level of technical knowledge required to resolve the issue together with that possessed by the enquirer. R-

Just to update everyone I now have my railmaster  activated my new laptop .

I had an email this morning from railmaster support  telling me to try again and activate it through the software and then use the built-in help to contact them again if it didn't work and needed reactivating  and to provide my serial number which I had  already sent them in the first email  and to provide the reason why I couldn't deactivate it

they obviously hadn't read  my first email properly! 

when I tried this they had obviously already deactivated my software from my old laptop and it activated first time on the new one

maybe a case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing  😆 

when I tried this they had obviously already deactivated my software from my old laptop and it activated first time on the new one

Very much my experiences, that's why I bought a spare.

Very much my experiences, that's why I bought a spare.

Glad it's fixed Olly.  Also, we know HRMS is a small tight team working on development and ongoing maintenance, and we also know that many of the queries they get are of the most basic kind.  Consequently, they often revert to double-checking basic detail before moving on to your problem.  

John, just on your initial activation with Mark versus Olly's quite different deactivation/reactivation problem.  Starting from scratch, Mark would have had no problem talking you through the activation process.  It's a straightforward, if not intuitive to all, matter of entering your activation code into the box in the Help screen and hitting the right button.  Assuming the request goes through to the HRMS area and is not blocked by your AV, this registers automatically the code and you are done.  Personally, I've had no problem registering RM, Pro and a HH, codes for which are all now showing in the Help screen of my RM and everything works.  I also know how to go back into that area and deactivate these so that I can move my activated copies to a different or new computer and iPad, again all perfectly straightforward in accordance with the manual and what you see within the Help screen, or by having Mark talk you through it, he can do that too.

But all this wasn't Olly's problem.  The problem is what happens if for some reason you lose your registered copy of RM.  Maybe your computer dies, or just the HDD, or maybe you made a mistake and uninstalled your registered copy of RM.  Now it's not possible for you to deactivate, you don't have your RM on which to do so and if you try to activate another copy of RM using the same code, it won't work.  The reason it won't work is that when you first registered, a database held on a server accessed by HRMS recorded your code.  In fact, before it recorded it, it first checked to see if that code was already registered and, if it was, told you so and told you you couldn't activate again with the same code.  This is the process used to stop people registering 2 copies when they have only one licence. The only way around this is for HRMS to manually go into the database and remove your code from the registration list, which is exactly what they did for Olly so he could register the copy on his new laptop, having first satisfied themselves he wasn't pulling the wool over their eyes.  It's this check and removal of the code from the database that Mark cannot do, he can only refer it on.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, I reported what I thought was a fault through the RM help system. The messages I got from RM suggested that the message had been delivered correctly. However, today I still haven't had the automated reply from HRMS. Has anyone else failed to receive this?

Ray

Yes. I used the HRMS inbuilt support request feature a couple of weeks ago. This was my experience.

• I got the yellow bar slowly moving across indicating the request was sending log files and things to HRMS.
  • I got the confirmation dialogue box message (within RM) straight away saying that I should recieve initiallly a confirmation e-mail within an hour and a fuller reply within 48 hours or so.
  • I never got the within 1 hour confirmation mail message (I think I have seen it perhaps once in the past, but it rarely arrives normally). I suspect that it is not auto-mated but manually sent, on the basis that If auto-mated, I can't see that it would take an hour.
  • I did however get a mail from HRMS about 4 to 5 days later saying that they would look into my issue.
  • To date, the issue is not fixed and there has been no follow up 'advising status' messages from HRMS.

Yesterday, I reported what I thought was a fault through the RM help system. The messages I got from RM suggested that the message had been delivered correctly. However, today I still haven't had the automated reply from HRMS. Has anyone else failed to receive this?

Ray

Further to this, today I had a reply from HRMS to my fault report, but it wasn't the usual automated reply because it started off "Dear Ray". So the message got through from my RM session, but the automated reply doesn't seem to be working.

Ray

Archived