turning sound down on TTS Sound

RonC

Hi RonC, welcome to the Forum.........as you have several DCC locos you must already be conversant with re-addressing the CV's on a programming track with your Prodigy in program mode.........therefore, if you refer to section 7 of the TTS instructions you will see a list of CV's that refer to each individual sound.........if it is the engine sound that is too loud then CV161 is the one you need to look at..........it's default level is 4 within a range of 0 - 8, so to reduce the volume just change the CV value to less than 4 and try it.......hope this helps.....HB

thanks for the info there were no TTs instructions with my loco's just some basic F no's on the box. yes I have programed my chips on the program track only as far as changing the chip address's  I have not mucked about with the C V's so do I take it that I would chouse my loco's address and select program and click through until it comes to CVs and then try CV161.

Thanks I will try that

RonC

there were no TTs instructions with my loco's

You haven't said what TTS locos you have. Here is a Gadwell A4 TTS purely as an example. The images of the CV tables below are pasted from this PDF file. The master volume CV's are fairly consistent across the Steam TTS range as it is basically the same decoder but with different sound files loaded at the factory.

https://www.hornby.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/R3285TTS-Class-A4-Sound-Manual.pdf

/media/tinymce_upload/dad11e6e78a4dd27fe83f647f3150bab.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/89fe7cc2a23b3cc2e00835fa17891fe4.jpg

Note: the above tables are for Steam TTS locos. I believe that Diesel TTS locos have some differences. Looking at the above tables, the master volume appears to be CV178, whereas CV161 is for the basic engine background sound.

PS - To find the PDFs for your particular TTS locos. Find the loco page in the Hornby Shop website (white 'Shop' link at top of this page, then choose 'Locomotives' then 'TTS locomotives' in the drop down lists). Most (but not all) of these loco pages have a download link to their particular manual.

John is correct. All new TTS locos come with the relevant sheets (the PDF is just a copy of what is in the box). Sometimes the leaflet is trapped between the inner and outer packaging and not obvious.

Thank you Chrissaf, John, Yelrow for all your advice, the loco's did not come with the paperwork that you said but I will check again, they were all brought as new though some were from ebay and dealers at shows.

I have two schools loco's at Hornby atm refitting the dreaded tender clip and when I ask them about the sound control to say that they were less than helpful is an understatement, I have a couple of King Class, Duke G, and a couple of schools & a Fowler, so and an EPB with Loki sound.

I will get back to you to let you know how I get on

Many Thanks Ron

Archived