elink failure ??

Hello All

Just building my first layout. Have put track down and got loco running on all track ok. I am using elink with a dedicated windows 10 laptap purchased for this purpose. All was fine until i connected a points decoder ( Hornby)  and tried to install it. Since then nothing works. I have connected it to my seperate programming track, nothing, train will not run. Green light is on elink, everything seems as it was but no power seems to be going to the track. Any advice would be appreciated. I connected  the power supply to the decoder from the bus and i have checked and rechecked everything, I have taken the e link back to the seller here in Perth Western Australia, and he will get it tested. 

Obvious question - did you programme the points decoder in stu - ie on the track?

If so, did you take the train{s} off the track first?

If you didn't, you have probably re-coded the locos to the same number as the points!

Should this be what you did, you have to re-programme the locos again ON A SEPARATE PROGRAMMING TRACK!

This is not something I have tried myself, or even thought about until now, but try a reset of the eLink in RM using the little red square in the big red stop button at bottom right of screen.

If that does not help then go to the RM folder and attempt to reload the eLink firmware by reloading the highest number eLink firmware you see in the folder. This manual load method is fully covered in the RM manual so you can read up on the details about it.

Please give it a go and maybe if it works then we have another 'reset' fix for some of the problems we see.

Put the loco back on the programming track. Write decimal value 8 to CV8, this will revert loco back to factory settings which include setting the DCC address as 003. Then test the loco back on the main track using address 003 to make sure it is working again. Then put it back on the programming track to reinstate the DCC address you were previously using.

Note: The Hornby R8247 Accessory Decoders need to be disconnected from the main track and programmed connected to the programming output of the eLink. Then moved back to the main track A&B output to be used.

That may be because if there is no controller fitted, i.e. it is away at the dealer for assessment.

Its a simple check to put it there, make a short across the track and the controller should throw an error and the little square should pop into the Stop button.

Hello All 

Had the dcc controller back all was ok with it.

connected all up no little red square in bottom right, must have caused a short because it suddenly appeared. 

Used button to reset CDC, then set cv on train loco to 8 as advised, TRAIN WORKING ,,,,

hooray ---- thanks to all for advice. 

Best regards 

from OZ train

Archived