Moving software to new computer

Andygt550

Hi. I would like to replace my laptop with another computer. How do I install my e-link software onto the new computer? i.e is there a "de-authorise" option on the old computer that will then let me install the same software on the new computer without having to buy a new CD with licence key?

Cheers

Andy

Andy welcome to the forum . on the Railmaster screen , hit the question mark on the top bar, and you will see the deregister button , once pressed it will ask you to confirm. That's it ready for you to activate once you get set up on new PC.

Welcome to the forum Andy.

To add to Gitter's reply. I would recommend that when you are ready to install RM onto the new PC that you download the RM installer from the link at the top of the forum RailMaster section (where incidentally this post would have been better placed). This will ensure that you get the absolute very latest version copy. Your existing CD activation key will work with the downloaded version no problem.

The whole process is described in the RM 1.64 manual on pages 131-132. Page 132 in particular lists the files you need to copy over from the old to the new installation in order to re-instate your previous existing track plan and loco roster. I would also copy over the railmaster.ini file which is not listed on page 132. Unless you are upgrading Windows from XP or Vista to Windows 10, in which case let the installer create its own railmaster.ini file.

As this is your 1st post, may I point out just for your information that the white arrow in the blue box in the post box is not a 'Reply to this post' button. To make a reply it is best to put your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green Reply button.

Archived