Bad running over Peco electrofrog points

Vladbs

Anyone else having problems running class 47 DCc/tts over Peco electrofrog points .A great diesel loco but one problem the middle set of wheels on the six wheel bogie are catching when running over points ,I have narrowed the problem to excess side to side play of the centre wheels ,now how to solve the problem ?

Hi, I had the same problem with my 47 TTS and it is caused by the pickup contacts. One side had too much tension and was pushing the wheels to one side. I (very carefully) bent the loose side contact outwards until it exerted the same pressure and the other side and then the wheels ran in the centre.

Hi, I had the same problem with my 47 TTS and it is caused by the pickup contacts. One side had too much tension and was pushing the wheels to one side. I (very carefully) bent the loose side contact outwards until it exerted the same pressure and the other side and then the wheels ran in the centre.

Had a look and found when the two sets of wheels on the same bogie move ide to side the said wheels were not in contact on one side with the contacts is that what you mean if so how to fix ?

They are too close together. Someone here will tell you what the exact measurement should be, but it is nearer 14.5mm for 4mm 1:76 00 scale. I know 0.5mm doesn't sound a lot, but it can in many circumstances make all the difference.

Archived