Touchscreen operation

Hi 

Has anyone successfully used a touchscreen attached to a PC running Windows 10?

I would like to operate my points by just touching the icons on the layout schematic.  At the moment I use a mouse. 

If so, what model screen do you use? Is the sensitivity good enough to distinguish between the left and right point buttons? 

If I can get this to work then I would like to move the throttles onto a second screen operated with the mouse.  I can't see how to do this at the moment. Maybe in a later version of RM.

Cheers 

My RM laptop has a touchscreen. It is a Windows 10 Laptop.

Being a laptop, my screen is a fairly standard 15.1" diagonal. I have no difficulty selecting either the left or right turn point icon using the standard default track plan magnification level. If I pan out to see the whole layout in one screen, then the point icon close proximity could potentially be an issue using fingers, but maybe not so much if using one of those rubber ended screen stylus pens.

There are posts on this forum relating to splitting RM across two screens. It can be done, but not very well. RM doesn't currently support the feature within RM itself. See link below:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/can-i-use-a-second-monitor/#post-187866

Archived