Going Forward

Ravens

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chrissaf

You say - I can't say that I have ever heard anybody berate the DCC loco decoders made by Lenz.

Which - Product Code: L10231 or Product Code: L10331 or Product Code: L10331 or Product Code: L10330 or Product Code:L10321 or Product Code: L10433

or Hornby Product Code: R8245

Ravens 😇

Chrissaf

In discussion with Horndy I was advsed the Railmaster site includes competior products to view.

In discussion with Hornby and other various decoders were discussed.

But I have no desire to break rulles

If I could understand the instructions I would think Gold+ would be amazing

Same goes for Slver+

But we will learn it I am sure

Ravens 

If you are thinking of using ADCC (read about it on the Lenz site) for a form of automatic train control, then there is a significnt difference between Lenz ADCC capable (gold and silver) and Hornby ADCC capable (Sapphire) in that Lenz uses distance and Hornby uses time (as it does in RM) for control, meaning the Lenz method is much more accurate for stopping at dignals or in stations than the recommended Hornby method - crash slowly into the buffers.

Question For the Very Good Contacts Who Answer My Qustions even when silly

Chrissaf, Fishnanoz ,Raf96, bigskybirds, PJ_model_trains, yelrow, RDS

I know I may not need to but would I be orrect in thinking that the 15v 4amp power unit will work with

Elite (think this is supplied with elite already in box)??

Railmaster / elink (i know I don't need both units) just thinking further down the rail

Accessry decoder

Any other unit I have missed that could use this

Ravens

Ravens,

Image capture from the Hornby shop for the Hornby P9300 15 volts 4 amp power supply product.

/media/tinymce_upload/00c00dd35d72b3efb291b6a4dd8f6193.jpg

As you can see it lists that it is compatible with all three of Hornby's DCC Railway controllers, plus a couple of Scalextric items as well.

Note: The P9300 power supply is also supplied with the Hornby R8239  Booster. Hattons of Liverpool have the R8239 on special offer at present £25 (reduced from £99.99). Thus this is a cheap way to buy an official P9300 power supply that has a Hornby list price of £41.99. The Booster box part of the product would then be discarded.

It is not applicable to the R8247 Accessory Decoder (AD) as the R8247 does not have a DC power supply input on it. The R8247 gets its power from the DCC track output of the controller. The controller of course may have either the 1 amp or the 4 amp power supply attached to it as per the image above.

Chrisaf & Others

Rails Of Sheffield are very competive on Hornby products - worth a look

Elite cost is best I can find - 199,99

elink Combo - 76.50

Accessory Decoder - 34.50

Loco costs are good also

They seem to be just under Hattons price on most items

I have no personal tie wih this company - just passing on good info for others

- All Things Hornby

Boom

Ravens

37 Lover. hi, It was at  £125, ,  several members on my other forums bought one. They also advised the increased price. My brexit comment, was tongue in cheek, although the increase is quite big, so it could be new stock. I think hattons are being used to sell off surplus stock, so it may be, hornby released a new batch. john

@Yelrow

For many years Hattons have always stocked items no longer in production, you will probably remember them still selling off the old Hornby Dublo stuff in the 70's and 80's.

I expect we will see the price come down in the New Year sale. Althouh they must sell alot of these sets on a daily basis since they send a van to collect the stock.

biskybirds

Reading a lot as you know, I am sure you have picked this up from the forum,  most systems I have read about seem to have problems, its how they are resolved thats important.

Could you please exapand on your problems and what steps were taken to resolve them.

Ravens

Archived