TTS decoders

mallone

Chrissaf,

Thks for posting the link, and especially the advice to fast forward. I wouldn't have survived 10 mins of someone coughing.

I'll hopefully be buying several, must start saving now [or perhaps after Xmas], and hope there'll be decoders to suit my locos.

37, lover, i did not watch it either. the details have been released on other forums. Thats how i knew about decoders and Hitachi. My wife tells me if i have the TV any louder, she is going to buy me headphones. She forgets at 73, your faculties start to wane. john 

@37lover

I am in the same boat mate. Nil in one ear from 5-6 years old, the other down to around 30DbA out of 120 DbA max. Digital aids have helped in recent years but still a struggle where ever there are other noises. 

TTS sound is fine with me, with the door shut I can hear my locos, enough for me,  and not that other voice... 'are you still in there?'

It's really great news. Having looked at the service sheet for Tintagel Castle (R2848) I noticed that there is what appears to be a place within her tender to mount a speaker. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? If so, it'd make fitting the TTS sound decoder a lot easier. 😀

@britbuilder

I would go,for Tornado as it is an A1

@9plsnet

Looking at the SS that is a 5 minute job to install TTS as the decoder socket is in the tender and the weight is cranked to fit over the speaker enclosure, if not leave it out or saw it to,fit.

Archived