TTS Decoders on early locos??

Forum-1211528

Its good Hornby are releasing TTS decoders as a separate item to fit to other locos but while this is fine on modern locos when it comes to Triang, Grafar, Wrenn and Trix ttr you gonna find its no go as i keep my TRIANG locos out of ever having DCC as i simply dont want it on them and i dont like it when someone wants it on an older loco as its simply a waste of time putting this in a Triang loco so stick with yer modern locos for TTS sound and keep the Triang running on analogue!

I installed a TTS decoder in my twin ringfield Class 56 and it was fine on the rolling road with resistance (physical not electrical) but on the track at half throttle it cut out after a couple of laps, so I doubt it would be suitable for a heavy current demander.

Interesting comments........my HD 2-6-4T is fitted with a Bachmann 36-553 decoder rated at 700mA motor output and so far, runs perfectly, so I have every confidence that fitting with TTS will be ok......I have one being delivered shortly from Sheffield taken out of the Hornby 2P and, hopefully, will emulate the typical 2 cylinder steam sound.......... 😀.........HB

Archived