Re-activating Pro pack software

I have a new windows 10 PC and wanted to transfer the licences for Railmaster, Pro Pack A and 1 hand held device over to the new machine so I tried deactivating the software but this didn't seem to work so I filled out the form and sent it off and I had an email saying all had now been deactivated and all the 3 keys have been reset.

I have managed to activate the basic Railmaster program but I cannot find out how to activate the Pro Pack A registration key to upgrade it. No doubt I am missing something obvious here but if any one can help and point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Fishy, I thought that had solved my problem, which it had, as I now know where to enter the code but it now tells me that it is an incorrect key.

I had picked up off a previous thread that the key number shown in the program had two digits missing from the one in the email that was sent when the upgrade was purchased so I checked my email and sure enough it also had two additional letters.

I re-entered the key with the additional letters and it now tells me (surprise surprise) that key is already registered. I sent a further request to de-activate it but it will not let me do that as I have already made one request earlier today. Clearly what has happened is the code was not deactivated earlier (despite me having an email saying it had been) because it was not a complete number.

I have now sent an email to customer care and I am waiting for a response from them but thanks for the help.

Customer Care (HCC) will get you absolutely nowhere, not by email anyway (weeks to answer).  You have to ring them using the contact us number at the bottom of the web page, then ask for manager Mark Lodge, no one else.

But the correct organisation isn't HCC, it's HRMS, quite separate.  You get them from either the email facility in RM Help window or support@rail-master.com.  Explain clearly and simply as you have here and they should get it.

I sent the request by clicking on the Question Mark button in Railmaster which says, "Send help request to Support Team" is this the correct method?

Yes it is

I have not had a reply as yet only an email saying the request has been received but that was over 2 day ago

Nothing unusual there. It has been known that sometimes the request has been actioned by HRMS but without any e-mailed status update to tell you. Whilst waiting for a response, keep trying to enter your ProPack code say once a day. You may find that one day soon it will unexpectedly go through.

Thanks everyone for all your help, eventually got the key re-activated today and all back up and running now but a word of caution to anyone else attempting to change computers, the Pro Pack code which is displayed in the Railmaster help window is missing the last two letters of the code so do not use this to try and deactivate the software as it will not work. You will need to use the code you received in the email when you upgraded to Pro Pack as it will be slightly longer. I have checked again after re-activating the software and the full codes are displayed for Railmaster and my Hand Held device but the Pro Pack code still has the two letters missing for some reason.

@Rusty Wheels

Thank you for your last post, as it contains information that is likely to be useful to many people.

We will look to see how this can be incorporated into the either the guides issued by Admin recently, or the stickies at the top of the RailMaster section in the Forum.

Archived