R9257 Spencer

Shadow.Monk

I also saved up the £78.50 my local model shop are going to be selling him for which I pre-ordered at the start of the year, but spent it on other things so I am not worried on saving it back up again. But I have a very strong feeling he will be released

by the end of this week.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My local model shop still haven't received theirs yet. They seem to be one of the few model shops that don't have him in stock at the moment. I think I will pay a little extra to buy him elsewhere that does have him in stock.

Has anyone actually

received theirs yet?

It seems as though my local model shop still haven't got their models of Spencer in yet so I paid an extra £1.50 to order it online with free p&p from elsewhere, hoping it will arrive Wednesday the latest.

For those who have got their new model

of Spencer, is it different than the original? Also, does it come in the standard Hornby Thomas box? Or does it have its own special edition box similar to the British Stamp collection?

My Spencer arived today. Spent about 10 minutes looking over him trying to spot a difference between him and original and have come to conclusion they are identical (or I can't see the woods for the trees!).
Only difference is the box which has a "limited

edition end to it which you could slide off. and sticker barcode of cause.

Was surprised that didn't come with limited edition certificate + number / 1000.

My Spencer arived today. Spent about 10 minutes looking over him trying to spot a difference between him and original and have come to conclusion they are identical (or I can't see the woods for the trees!).
Only difference is the box which has a "limited

edition end to it which you could slide off. and sticker barcode of cause.

Was surprised that didn't come with limited edition certificate + number / 1000.

From what I can understand that box is standard with Limited Edition written on the side which can come off.

I have now got mine on its way hopefully getting him Weds latest.

As I do not own a first gen Spencer I am pleased that there are

no differences between the original and re-release.

Just got mine along with his two carriages. (it's been so long since I ordered I hope I havn't spent the money saved for him).
What a great model though - looks and runs great.
When stood against my "moving eyes" one, looks just right and not like

a toy.
Only criticism,I would have liked grey wheels.

After being told by a friend on Youtube, the

hand rails on the main body maybe different colour.

After comparing my model (Which has black hand rails on the main loco body) to the chap who created the Hornby Vs BMann Spencer on Youtube, and the big model shop in Liverpool (We should all know which

shop this is :P), their models seem to have white/grey/silver hand rails.

Can you please check your first gen Spencer and check the colour of the hand rails?

Thanks Shawn, this will probably make me create a Part 2 to my Spencer review :P

You're welcome Steve! Or should I say: Sorry you have to do it over again!

I heavily researched before I made that comment. So it seems two people have confirmed it, It is an interesting thing to change for sure. they did it cos the other railroad

a4's (one being dis-continued) use black rails. so they did it cos they had them.

Spencer should come to canada's importer, so when it does I will see if i can buy it.

I can't wait for your review part two. maybe it will have a running clip(!)?

~s

hi

I have checked my first gen against the one you posted on you tube. he does have silver rails on the engine but also there is a pipe that runs along the engine just under the rails. The pipe is the same color as the tender. i have also noted

a few subtle differences in the 2 engines for exmple below the name plate yours has an inspection hatch, mine doesnt. mine also has a small random bit of bodywork hanging between wheels 4 and 5. If you get a chance to check the 2 out you will see all different

things albeit quite small, well apart from the pipe. Hope this helps.

hang on a sec i am looking at him the other way round duh!, but the hand rails are silver on mine so that still stands

Archived