Thomas

Guyman 41

Morning all,

I bought Thomas as part of a set for my Grandson, and have installed a Bachman DCC chip as per the guidelines on the Help and Advice. It seems very jerky and slow to reactive after turn off.

All other trains run fine annd Thomas was a new train and running fine on DC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Colin

Hi Colin and welcome to the Forum,

Is the track clean because DCC seems to require a cleaner track than DCC.  I use IPA to clean mine.

I don't know if you have installed a new decoder.  If not, is it possible that the Deceleration rate has been altered as this will give the impression that it is not responding as expected when slowing down.  If the Decoder is not new, it would be worth resetting the Decoder back to factory settings.

The Elite is getting better at every update at handling those baccy decoders which have been problematic in the past.

One such decoder is ok in one chassis but not in another which shows how finnicky these things can be when just within spec.

At least Hornby is not alone as some other manufacturers controllers have problems with certain decoders and some controllers don't even support DC running for exactly that reason. I suppose it is easier for them to say 'not recommended' than it is to try to fix it as Hornby is doing.

RM is good at spotting which decoder it is and reading out all the associated info.

Archived