General Help Please

After running perfectly for a month I am today experiencing "signal loss" to the layout. (Am using RM with elink). Things are working fine then all of a sudden I cannot communicate with the layout. I can select a function and nothing happens. The sound continues, points don't change etc. There is still power to the track. I just unpug the USB lead from computer, wait until the error message comes up, plug USB back in and all good for a while. The only thing I have done is install two Peco surface point motors this morning. Any thoughts??

With regards setting points at startup I have not been able to get this to work since starting the build some months ago. I have the set points at startup option selected in settings and have set the direction I want the points to start in. When the dialog box comes up at the program launch and the set points button is clicked nothing happens.

Finally, is it possible to stop RM checking for updates upon startup. I have a dedicated RM laptop which is rarely connected to the internet.

Right click each point on the design plan screen and put a number in the startup sequence box. If this is zero (default regardless of other selections) the points will not set. This had me fooled for a while.

Have you tried a different USB port and a different cable. I presume you have already checked Device Manager against RM to ensure that com port number, baud rate, etc, etc are the same.

If as you say the only recent change is adding a couple of point motors then I would disconnect the motors/accessory decoder driving them to see if the problem goes away.

Archived