When was the last RM update?

Guest Chrissaf

Does anyone know if there have been any updates in the last 6 months for railmaster/pro please.

BTW l have just recieved my loksound chip to install into my dj models class 71 when it arrives shortly, l'll luk how l get on with it soon. 

Kris from poole

The last known RailMaster update was released on 17th September 2016

The download link at the top of the RailMaster forum will always download the very latest version. Ignore the stated date on the web page, that date relates to the date the web page was updated, not the date of the RailMaster download file.

Do not uninstall RM from your PC, just run the downloaded file over the top of the existing installation. All your current RM settings and configurations will then be retained.

Apologies if this is not the best thread to ask this question, but is Hornby likely to update Railmaster's Loco database to include the new 2017 models and the new TTS sound decoders before the locos are released?

I ask because I'm thinking of buying the TTS fitted Black 5 and would like configuration in Railmaster to be as easy as possible.

Past history has shown that there is no hard and fast rule relating to this. There have been many instances where loco inclusion in the database has lagged loco sales release dates more than once. I can't say that there have never been instances where the loco has appeared in the database pre-release date, but I think it is unlikely. Remember that HRMS, the RailMaster software production and support company, have to prepare the loco database entry. I'm assuming that they have to have a production run example of the loco in their possession in order to do that, so that they can run the calibration routines. I have no insider knowledge regarding this statement, just pure guesswork on my part.

Of course, you can always check the database at any time. Once you know the Hornby R number of the loco, go through the process of adding it to RM (Loco Settings Screen) and see if it is found.

Regardless of the particular model if its a TTS loco then the chances are the functions will align to a fairly common template apart from the odd whistle and toot, so even if you want to set up ahead of time pick a typical loco of type, amend the various details and save in RM as your R-number to come. Most such detail can be found in the 'manual' usually downloadable from the product page.

As Chris says there is no hard and fast update rule for these locos into RM's database so it pays before embarking upon the venture to download the latest iteration from the link top of page and see if it has turned up yet.

Archived