Elite Power Supply

Gregd99

After being away form my layout for ages, I decided I would power it up and get it going again.

Alas on turning on the Elite power supply..... nothing happened 😢 A check with a multi meter showed no output voltage.

The supply worked last time I used it - over a year ago - and when I turned it on there was no pop or bang but also no volts.

Opening the case shows a reasonably compact upply surrounded by metal for, I guess, heat sinking and shielding. Before I go any further, I thouht I would ask if anyone else has had a similar experience and can offer guidance for a solution.

Thanks

Greg

@RAF96  - Thanks Robbie,

If you could not see an issue then, I think, not a lot of chance for me....

I have tried a couple of power points and, except in the UK and related entities, I don't think fuses are common in plugs!!

I have a 1A supply that came with an ELink a few years ago. That will let me see if I can get the layout up and running and then go form there.

Thanks & regards

Greg

Be aware that an Elite may/may not boot with a 1Amp supply.

One of mIne does but theres not much left to run a loco, the other one just never gets there, mind you that one wont program either so it may have an internal fault.

Both are fitted with a standard UK plug with an internal fuse.

Edit

The only thing I can suggest if you are confident working inside a live mains box is to check an output on the DC side at the solder points for the DC cable just in case the cable is at fault. I would stay well away from the mains voltage side and be very careful probing around unless you know what you are doing, which I believe you are Greg.

Archived