what speaker will fit my R3503 FS

Daz1966

Hi Guys I have a TTS sound decoder and speaker from the railroad TTS Flying Scotsman that I wanted to fit into my R3503 gloss finish Flying Scotsman, problem is the speaker is too large to fit under the metal plate above the speaker mount, I thought this would be a standard moulding/fitting but it seems I was mistaken,has anyone else fitted sound to this model ? if so what speaker fitted in the supplied space ? best regards Daz

The speaker in the TTS Scotsman has a plastic enclosure which has to be removed. The 28mm speaker can now fitted under the metal plate.

For best results you should seal the back of the speaker from its front using blutac or similar.

I successfully transferred mine to the Minoru A3.

The speaker in the TTS Scotsman has a plastic enclosure which has to be removed. The 28mm speaker can now fitted under the metal plate.

For best results you should seal the back of the speaker from its front using blutac or similar.

I successfully transferred mine to the Minoru A3.

I did wonder if this was the case, thankyou so much for your quick reply I really appreciate your help, best regards Daz

The enclosure is there for a very good reason, it improves the speaker acoustics by isolating the front of the speaker from the back, albeit you need to seal the hole where the wires go through.

I trimmed the weight in one of my tenders to fit round the speaker. Fiddly job sawing it into bits and 'takking'' it back in again.

Archived