hornby sound decoders

gragrahadea

Gragra, I think WD is suggesting to you rather criptically that you click on the DCC forum where you have posted this and look at the topic below with the title he has given in bold.  You can also look at a number of other topics right down the first page of the forum which are on this topic.

A word of caution here to anyone itending to transplant a TTS decoder and maybe fit lights or smoke or other additonal functions.

The decoder has a max load of 500mA (absolute peak of 1amp, with a max of 100mA per function, i.e. Directional lights on F0 and Aux on F17 for steam or F25 for diesel. The motor output is protected so if overloaded it will reset but the paperwork states the functions are not protected so if you overload them the chip can be damaged.

This power is shared so if one bit is hogging it then there is none for the others.

I speak from experience of installing a diesel with directional three lights up front and two at the rear and with two lights on the aux output. Current for the front lights is 30mA and 20mA for the rears, 30mA for the aux lights, so you can see I have bust my allotment of current. Crank the motor right up and the lights play up, leave all the lights on and they dim down after a while as the decoder protests, so take care.

Hi GraGra,,,,,,,your R3443 should be what they now call sound ready ,it should be in the instructions with the loco ,does your F S have a 4pin plug and socket connection between the loco and tender ? if it is a sound ready loco and tender then the speaker fits in the bottom of the tender ,,,,,take a look ,,mjb

many thanks guys, ended up ringing tom at rails.The plastic cover that protects the speaker comes off,then the speaker fits in the cicular housing in the tender.The wires all go through the hole in the metal fixing plate ,which is scewed down to hold the speaker in place . Be careful when fitting the top of the tender that it doesnt trap any wires.

Archived