Mouse wheel speed control on v1.65

It could be my imagination, but the mouse wheel speed control seems to have improved in v1.65. I think it used to change just by 1 mph for each roll of the wheel, which made it pretty useless, but now a single-notch roll gives 1mph and a rapid roll gives a much larger speed movement. The mouse wheel works when the mouse pointer is positioned anywhere over the speed slider - it doesn't seem to be necessary to click the mouse button first. I think it's slightly easier than clicking on the slider and dragging it up and down (and the dragging still sometimes suffers from the bug that the slider keeps following the mouse even after it has been unclicked and moved away from the slider, although this doesn't seem to be as frequent as before).

Interesting the mouse wheel doesn't seem to work at all on the large version of the loco control, opened up by clicking on the upper area of one of the locos on the main screen.

Regards, John

I hadn't previously tried the 'Mouse control' feature (described on P50 of the user guide) whereby the mouse can be used on an unused area of the track layout diagram to control the currently selected loco. However trying it just now it appears that the mouse wheel gives only slow movement of the throttle - 1mph up or down for each roll of the wheel, however large - which is what I think the mouse wheel used to do in 1.64 when hovered over the throttle control.

So there now appear to be three different mouse wheel throttle actions - good large movements of the throttle when hovered over the throttle control, small movements when over the track plan area, and no movement at all on the large loco window throttle control!

I won't report this as a bug since it doesn't contradict the description in the user guide, but it is certainly an inconsistency. I believe that HRMS monitor this section of the board from time to time, so I guess they will pick it up if they think it worth improving.

Regards, John

Just tried the mouse wheel again, it now works as it should on the small throttle and blank area. On the large throttle however it has no effect except to glue itself to the screne and move it about, the only way to unglue it is to right click it. I don't normally use the large throttle but do use the mouse as a handheld and the one click per 1 mph I find very convenient as well as the forward/reverse.

Archived