TTS decoder CV150-154

Daz1966

Hi all, I have 5 TTS enabled loco's, 2 arrived with me with the jerky slow starts others have experianced, I have improved this by adjusting the "P" and "I" cv's for the chosen motor algorith, my question is I'd like to know what the "P" and "I" that I have adjusted are ? I understand CV150 allows you to chose between a linear or non linear speed curve I dont understand what the associated CV's are.

Best reagrds Daz

This is all I could find on the topic. I am not aware of any other documentation in the public domain pertaining directly to Hornby TTS decoders. However there is documentation in the public domain pertaining to P.I.D in general.

P = Proportional.

I = Integral.

D = Differential (or Derivative).

P.I.D's in general however are part of the NMRA Standard. This web site below gives a basic overview explanation of P.I.D

https://tonystrains.com/dcc-motor-control-with-back-emf-and-p-i-d/

The extract below, appears to be all that Hornby have to say on the matter with regard to P & I on TTS decoders. Note the reference in the text that says "Further explanation is outside the scope of these notes".

/media/tinymce_upload/c7e74d1db5004b1424781de89ce65f99.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/94ee54763f84bb2f2fa3c9a40196ab60.jpg

I would respectively point out it only took five minutes use of 'Google' to find this information.

Thanks Chris,

I had read the instruction leaflet with my loco's which as you point out doesnt go into a detailed explanation,sadly I didnt come across Tonys' trains more detailed explanation when I did my google search. I'm a little wiser now however in practice the explanation doesnt really aid CV modification it doesnt seem to be an exact science, more trial and error.

Archived