Locomotive Sounds

Guest Chrissaf

Hi all

I have rail-master Pro on my laptop the problem I have is that you can only have 6 sounds allocated to each loco? you get between 8 to 18 with TTS sound loco's but I can only have 6 on the list,is this how it is or what have I done wrong???

The Pensioner

Railshed. Welcome to the forum.

This six function issue comes up on the forum many times. I will give you a link to a full description below, but in overview. There are two throttles, a small throttle and a large throttle. The small throttle can only show a maximum of six functions. These are the six functions you select with the tick boxes in the loco set up screen. The large throttle can show ALL functions from F0 to F25.

See the third post up from the bottom on page 1 of this previous reply:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/17055/?p=1

To open the large throttle, you click the top middle area of the small throttle you want to open.

How to show all the Function buttons is described in this previous post (seventh post down on the page).

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/17055/?p=2

Hi railshed and welcome to this very helpful forum.  I had a similar problem when I first got a sound loco, and the knowledgeable folk on here really helped me sort it out.  You can, of course, have up to 25 function keys programmed for sound etc.  Page 34 of the Railmaster manual gives advice on how to set the various sounds.  If the loco is a Hornby model, particularly TTS models, there is a search facility within the 'loco set-up' procedure which makes it a simple task by selecting the loco, and the sounds will be pre-allocated to the relevant function buttons.  Check the set up manual for any info regarding this.  I know there are others with much greater knowledge than me on the forum, and they will no doubt be along at some point to point you in the right direction.  Good luck

Rod

Archived