Block control problem

How1707821277

Advice needed please on a problem with Lenz Block Control.

My last train set was a Hornby Dublo 3 rail so I am not familiar with new technology but want to build a model railway where the signals control the trains and not vice versa. Using Hornby locomotives, I have fitted Lenz Gold decoders and want to install Lenz BM3 block control modules and use a Gaugemaster Prodigy Express controller. But on a test track, I have problems. Firstly, the loco stops at different places but most signifcantly, it stops even though the block ahead is unoccupied. There is 13 volt AC throughout and the loco reverses correctly so it is reading the code signals.  Any ideas please?

Hi How? and welcome to the Forum

However, in view of the fact that your question is regarding another manufacturers product, you may be better asking it on one of the other Model Railway Forums.  

This is a Hornby website and Forum and although other products are discussed, I think you will find more people on the other Forums who can help you.

I would plod through the BM3 documentation again to ensure you have your rail breaks and module to module connections correct.

Then check the Lenz decoder is setup for ADCC and the various additional CV parameters are set to suit your operating scenario.

Once  the decoder is correctly set up in its various CVs for the desired reaction to ADCC (slow, stop, single or dual direction, distance to stop, etc) then the rest is down to the track.

I have no idea what effect the controller may have, being a Hornby user myself.

Rob

Archived