TTS decoder problem

Spireblade

One of my locos, Class 47TTS seems to have lost it's sound. All functions light up, the decoder seems to read and write normally. I have reset it to factory settings but still no sound. The loco runs beautifully. Could the decoder be knackered even though it works and programs correctly?

A few things to try spireblade.

1. resetting CV8 to value 5 - this will reset the sounds only, although value 8 should reset the whole thing.

2. check if a speaker wire has come adrift.

3. do a cold restart of RM to ensure it has reloaded that loco - even though it appears to work OK.

Rob

I would go into loco setup in RM and just check the function listing there hasn't corrupted for some reason. If so just reinsert each function per the TTS manual listing or delete and relist that loco by R number.

You can get Speakers online from various DCC  Shops .Not too expensive,but you will need to be able to solder the new one on.I am not sure what speaker they use on Class 47TTS  ,

you will find that someone mon the forum would be able to advise what one to go for, the watts and Ohm value. I think you should get a Speaker for around £5-£8 . 

Unlikely.....

Remember, it did work initially and now it has stopped. The suggested blown speaker is the most likely fault. TTS speaker failures have been reported on the forum many times.

CV159 is a 'read only' CV. So you can't write to it. You should still be able to read it though. I don't have any TTS locos so I can't confirm, but try going through the action of reading it and just see what happens.

Sounds like the speaker has blown to me I've had a few go .

There's plenty of room inside the 47 for a bigger speaker you will get much better sound quality too .

I've just fitted a TTS hornby A4 with a zimo speaker sounds super 

Well, problem solved.

I decided to have a go at improving my soldering so I whipped out the speaker from another 47 and fitted it to the faulty one. Yep....it worked!!

So....I thought I would try the offending speaker in the "good" 47......yes....it worked!!!!!

so....errr......both are now working. It must have been a dry joint on the speaker or something similar.

• 4 months later...

My Hornby king Richard II tts stop working entirel. So I was running it and then every single engine stop, just the two engines I was running. I find that there is a shortcircut, but where I take every thing off and find out that it is King Ricahard  II. I try every thing until I found the decoder was the problem. I tried everything , I took a decoder from  another engine and put in the king worked just fine. What is the problem?

Archived