Confusing error message from Programs

Hi all, I've been trying out the Edit programs option.

I'm trying to switch two points in the program; so in the test, the program pauses for 5 seconds then switches two points. 

When I run the program - either in "test" mode or for real, I get an error message:

Please note. No DCC controller can be found on this system so programs will not run correctly.

I click the tick box to get rid of the message, and the the program runs correctly.

It's confused me; there obviously is a DCC controller because the program works.So why the error message? How do I get rid of it?

-Andrew

Andrew, having looked through your posting history I see that you are an eLink user. Whenever you get any error messages relating to 'not finding controllers' then the first thing to check is your railmaster.ini file. Missing entries in this file can cause all sorts of odd unexplained problems.

RM includes a "railmaster.ini" file editor within the RM application. To launch the editor open the RM 'Help' window and click the 'COG' icon in the lower left corner following the one screen prompts.

Now look for two lines in the file.......

Alternative comms=n

and

Check controller=n

where n is either a 1 or a 0 (zero).

For an eLink controller on Windows 8 and 10 these two lines need to be =1

• If the lines are missing altogether then add them (one command per line) at the end of the .INI file
  • If either or both lines have a =0 (zero) value then make them =1
  • Even if both lines are present and have the correct =1 values, then delete them both and retype them afresh at the END of the .INI file (users have in some cases reported that adding them afresh has cured their comms issues).

Save the .INI file and exit the editor.

Exit and restart RM so that the edited railmaster.ini file is loaded and test again.

Not saying that this will definitely cure your issue, but it will eliminate one possible cause from the equation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived