Elink

Hi My Hornby Elink Burn out yesterday we had no train Running and where put Train tec Signal in to the PC when the Power Whent Off when to the Elink and the smell of  burnig was coming from the box. been Runing train sins 2015 had no problems i have been in contac and spoke to Simon he is Going to get some one from Hornby to Ring Me i am still wating

Ron.

I presume you were inputting TT signals into RM when it went phutt. Probably pure coincidence If the signals are connected per the instructions.

When you say the power went off, do you mean just the track power or did it trip something in the house circuits.

Were  you running eLink off the 1amp power supply or a 4 amp Elite type supply as the overload protection is different and it seems likely the eLink protection didn't do its job.

Rob

Can you draw up a rough sketch of the way the booster is wired Ron with respect to the eLink wiring, take a digi picture and post to here using the icon just left of the smiley face in the reply box.

Also tell us which booster it is.

Picture will take a day or so to appear though.

Thanks Rob 

HI Rob

Hornby Booster that is in the top shed and the Elink in the Bottom Shed PC to Elink Bottom Shed to Pc in top shed on team Vear the Elink has work ok whit this set up sins 2015 the Bus Run all around the Railway taking powe  to the track  i will post photo Rob  Hornby have now ask me to send it back to them. 

Ron

Good news that Hornby want you to send it back.

The photo of the wiring up sketch is just for interest because as you say its been working OK for ages so unless something suddenly changed with that then it should still be working OK now.

Rob

Archived