DCC Sound volume

Hello

This is my first post on the forum and i am a beginner with the elink and railmaster.

all is working fine and really pleased with the link and railmaster.The one problem i have is assigning volume for my Bachmann Class 55 Deltic, I've assigned lights, cab lights,brakes,horn, but the instruction with the loco gives F12 for volume control and i cant see how i can assign that on the railmaster dcc function buttons, i can set the sound on off.

hope you can help

Tony

This previous post of mine was written in the first instance for a Hornby TTS loco, but I wrote it in such a way as it is also applicable to a non Hornby loco as well i.e. Bachmann.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/r3459tts-decoder-not-recognized/?p=1/

In particular, look at item 5. in the 'Step by Step' guide. You should only need to edit the button label for F12 to match the description of what you want it to do. Note the information about adding "on/off" to the button label if you want it to latch on.

Let me know if this answers your question. I have a Bachmann Class 55 with sound (after market decoder, not factory fitted). My Class 55 does not have this F12 Volume feature.

If you are trying to reduce the volume on a more permanent basis because it is too loud, then this is more efficiently done by altering the relevant decoder CV with the loco on the 'programming' track. If the decoder is a Loksound V4 (typically used by Bachmann) then the volume CV is CV 63. The default maximum volume value set for this CV is 64. I reduced my Loksound V4 CV63 value to 30.

Archived