Loading Railmaster Software onto a Mac running Parallels Windows

zzpjl8

All, has anyone successfully been able to install the software on a Mac. I get to the point of adding the verification code, and this is not accepted. Ken Wards from Hornby has tried to help find a solution, but we cannot get it to work. Ken suspects there may be a block being put on by the parallels software. I have tried to make sure nothing is getting in the way as it were. Would be so great if I could get this working on the Mac else I will have to buy another laptop or cheap desk top which I absolutely dont want to do.

I am sure I have sen some photos on the web with people using a Mac and railmaster.

Appreciate your help in advance.... regards Nick

Hello Nick,

I solved long time ago, I am not 100% sure but you should configure you Ethernet interface from Parallels in Bridged mode.

To use the Bridged networking mode, go to your virtual machine's Configuration > Hardware > Network and choose Bridged: Default AdapterEthernet, or Wi-Fi 

Best regards

Claudio

Although we do not officially support RailMaster running within a Mac environment we believe the following may help when running under Parallels.

1. Disable your Mac firewall and on Windows in the Virtual Machine

2. Click on "Virtual machine" in the Apple menu bar then click "Configure"

3. Click on "Hardware" tab then select "Network" from the left pane

4. Change setting from Shared Network to "Bridge (default adapter)"

5. Close the configuration screen

6. Launch your Windows Internet browser to verify internet connectivity then you can activate RailMaster

7. Re-enable the Mac firewall and on Windows in the Virtual Machine.

Archived