Tts class 47 and bachman

Darren C 1

As this is a Hornby forum, I doubt that many on here will have used Dynamis controllers. I haven't even seen one, to my knowledge!

Why won't the loco run -

First of all, have you wired the new controller up correctly, so that power is getting to the controller and the track?

Have you entered the correct code for the loco? The dynamis could still be trying to use the default code. (On a Hornby, that is 003).

(edit for a typo)

Thanks for the suggestions....other Loco, including tts flying scot work fine.

wiring is fine.

cant even change address of class 47, where I have done so again with other locos.  It's as if the loco does not exist. Can't control it, I gave no idea. Star on address 7 for now....maybe should try a different address using the ez, then see if that works on dynamics?

dc

The Bachmann Dynamis is more featured than the Bachmann EZ. As an analogy, a bit like comparing the Hornby Elite with the Select.

Try using the Dynamis to reset the TTS loco (write decimal 8 to CV8). Then readdress the TTS to the address you want for it using the Dynamis.....then test again.

Something I have used in the past is programming on the main (POM) which I presume your controller can do.

According to the rules you cannot chamge and address using POM but I have found that you can write to CV1 without any hassle. You cannot generally readback to check though.

If trying this make sure the loco being programmed is the only one on the track, and that includes removing any accessory decoders you may have wired to the track.

Rob

Archived