Can Elite handle O gauge loco's as far as changing address

mcrook62

Hello all

I have upgraded to O gauge and have 3 Dapol class 08 and a little loco class 15, my problem is changing the address of the loco's from 03 to my choice so of I go same as before with 00 gauge setup program track

Follow instructions enter new address red led flashes 8 to 12 times change to main track zero not new address !. 

The times the red led flashed should be five or six can the Elite not able to change the newer loco's or decoders all four have factory fitted sound decoders.

Put any back on track go to default 3 runs fine sound fine lights working

So stuck we 4 beautiful loco's all with same address. HELP!!!!.

Did you confirm the address change by 'klunking' the button, before exiting programming? I've forgotten that final step a few times, and wondered why the loco didn't respond!

The decoder doesn't know what gauge the loco is, so that won't make any difference.

Do the usual checks - spotlessly clean programming track, wheels, pick-ups, then try again, carefully completing ALL the prog steps!

The only other possibility is that the pre-fitted loco's have some weird decoder that the Elite doesn't recognize. Do you know what they are? Let us know.

No reason that I know of why any NMRA compliant controller cant program any NMRA compliant decoder no matter what size. The only limit is if the decoder needs more current than the Elite puts out on the programming side, but that is an NMRA imposed limit - 200mA - that manufacturers have to meet.

Could be as stated above the decoder is non compliant and needs 'firmer' handling.

No reason that I know of why any NMRA compliant controller cant program any NMRA compliant decoder no matter what size. The only limit is if the decoder needs more current than the Elite puts out on the programming side, but that is an NMRA imposed limit - 200mA - that manufacturers have to meet.

Could be as stated above the decoder is non compliant and needs 'firmer' handling.

This loco is probably fitted with a Zimo MX644D sound decoder.....this needs to be unlocked before it can be re-addressed......the instruction sheet is very comprehensive and needs careful study.......and programming in the correct mode.........the 1.43 update to the Elite is probably vital in this case......HB

Archived