bachmann 21 pin decoder problem

ke

Make sure that 128 speed steps is set enabled in CV29. Trust me, 128 speed steps affects whether directional lights work or not.

Use this online calculator to work out what number to write to CV29 to enable 128 speed steps. It will typically be 6 if you also want DC operation support as well, or 2 if you don't. See the calculator.

http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29%20calculator.htm

If 128 speed steps is already enabled in CV29, then you have to send a F0 command to the loco from RailMaster / eLink to turn the directional lights function on.

Also note that in RailMaster the label on the F0 button must have the text "on/off" on it such that it will read something like this "Lights on/off" without the " " marks. If the "on/off" text is not present on the label, the F0 lights command won't lock on.

I know your interpretation is just as likely as Chris's 2e0, but I like his.  I'm trusting that not too many new DCCers think lights appear magically where there were none before when you fit a decoder, even one with lots of pins.

thank you for the comments.the train is a windhoff mpv and i have been withh dcc for 2years and have 12 trains with sound and lights ,which all work ok , some with 8 pin some with 21 pin ,we have had no prblem with these only this mpv ,again many thank for the info ,ill let you no the outcome

There is a known problem with certain Bachmann decoders in that the Elite will work fine with that chip in one chassis but not with the same chip in another chassis and I am almost sure that the errant chassis is the MPV.

It was discussed many moons ago on here somewhere.

Rob

Archived