My DCC Tornado has short circuited and I cannot get it running

RDS

I assume that this occurred when you put the link is, If so it looks like you shorted the DCC output. REmove the link.. Unplug the mains and then wait a few seconds and put the plug back in. Now you may foin dthat the address of the Tornado has reverted to 03, this often happens when a short occurs. If it was already 03 then obviously something else it at fault. Do you have another loco that you can run to see if the DCC controller is OK?

Did the short circuit coincide with fitting the R8201 link wires. If it did, then you need to reverse the wires to ONE of the two R8201 track connector clips.

Why, is explained on page 15 of my downloadable document - download link is located at the top of the 'General Section' in locked sticky post titled "Getting Started with Track Extension Packs".

Note that page 15 relates to a DC layout. The R8201 link wire is not required on a DCC layout providing you fit digital point clips (R8232) to the Hornby points.

i was running my hornby tornado pullman express which i got two weeks ago and i was running it at an average speed .also i had just put the link wires in to give the inner loop power and now it will not move . someone help . i have tryed un pluging it and plugging it back in and this did not work

Archived