Class 91 DCC version R3365 I think

SansPareil

Can anyone kindly help, I have a newer DCC (ie not ringfield) Class 91 but can not find any service sheet for it as I am looking for some spares. Does anyone know the number or can provide a link?

Hornby suggest my loco is a 5-pole ringfield from what I can find on their service site!!!

Thanks

According to a service sheet search on R3365 stock number, the R3365 is Hornby Service Sheet 285 (HSS285C) that you can download from this site. Drop the 'Help & Advice' navigation menu option above and select 'Service Sheets'.

This service sheet is dated 2015, but shows a 5 pole ringfield motor that you say it is not. It also doesn't show it as being DCC or DCC Ready (no socket). Therefore, one has to question whether R3365 is the correct number.

The HSS208B (also a Class 91) is dated earlier 1999 but is also not shown as a DCC model.

I would contact Hornby Customer Services by phone and ask them for the part numbers you require.

Thanks for the replies. I can confirm that R3365 is printed on the box and from some googling can see others  including retailers were suprised also to not find a ringfieled in their locos. The VTEC train pack that howbiman lists will be the same motor type (thus sevice sheet) as its also listed as DCC ready, rignfields are of course not DCC ready. Odd that hornby dont seem to have produced one.

I think I will have to contact hornby like suggested.

Ultimately I am after dummy bogie wheels so I can remove the traction tyres from the motor bogie. I have done this on all my other 'railroad' style locos seriously improving running (after adding some weight). I assume the axles on this loco are probably the same as fitted to another product in the hornby range, I just dont know which. I know many products share the same axle sizing albeit with different prodcut numbers (class 73/101/156 for example)!

I replaced the tyred wheels on my ringfield CL90 with front bogie wheels which also happen to have the gears so dropped straight into the ringfield slots. See article on my signature linked site.

I see R3365 is listed on the 285 service sheet, so obviously a Hornby Tech Pubs error there.

Have a look at SS382 for CL92 which may help by direct comparison with your models internals.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived