Class 47 From Majestic Set

salmontrout

That 'laminated crate' above the centre well is a stack of steel plates so it should be quite heavy, however I added extra plates to my Class 37 roof using double sided sticky pads to get better traction, just don't overdo it and strain the motor.

That model doesn't appear to have traction tyres so you can rule those out?

Body removal looks to be by way of four detents chassis to body as shown in the service sheet.

I also have one of these and the traction seems fine, pulling four carriages at high speed which is the most I've tried. It does have traction tyres on 2 wheels on one side of the driving bogie. To remove the body, pull off the buffers and then as RAF says there are 4 clips towards each end of the body.

Regards, John

Its a bit like towing a heavy trailer uphill with a front or rear wheel drive car. The FWD car can slip on a steep hill when towing whereas a RWD car will dig in and not slip.

So if you have the motor bogie at the front of the loco it could be more liable to slip than if it is swapped around. Likewise if its pushing the train then having the motor bogie nearest the load coupling will be more grippy.

Archived