Availability of connectors for DCC

RB51

Hello there. can the loco connecters for DCC be purchased somewhere. Hornby do the female socket for the loco, but it appears not the male connector in the tender. There is a plethora of miniture connectors on ebay, but they never give dimensions. It would be nice to install the proper connector without having to cut and modify.

Thank you.

Techimp

Do you mean these Techimp.

X6113

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/tender-loco-connector.html

/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/750x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/x/6/x6113.jpg

and

X9958

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/electric-tender-connector.html

/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/750x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/x/9/x9958.jpg

It has been reported that if you buy the X6113 that the packet also contains the X9958, but there is nothing in the Hornby documentation that confirms this.

If you do fit the above connectors (or have them already fitted to other locos). Then you might be interested in this special plug extraction tool to prevent snapping delicate wires.

X6468

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/extractor-tool-for-steam-loco-tender-plug.html

/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/750x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/x/6/x6468.jpg

My thanks Chris and apologies for the post title, I realised my mistake but could not change it once postedt. I have looked through the "Shop" ad infinitum but only ever found the X6113 - the other half always eluded me. Is there a close JST equivalent?

All the best,

Techimp.

This JST B4B-ZR (LF)(SN) shrouded socket connector is a complimentary match for the Hornby X6113 plug.

The Hornby connectors are from the JST ZHR range.

JST ZHR Datasheet

This information taken from the data-sheet. The Hornby X6113 uses the JST ZHR-4 plug housing, and this plug housing is compatible with any of the 4 way socket housings shown on the data-sheet, namely:

/media/tinymce_upload/64ab745c3aaff33cf1b9208518a1c6f1.jpg

or

/media/tinymce_upload/13b7ef1c87ffd6aca6120ffd0898b6ff.jpg

or

/media/tinymce_upload/d1bec23b346d99e4d82bd6561f70ab6c.jpg

Note: If making you own plugs, you have to order the SZH-002T-P0.5 crimp pins separately from the ZHR-4 plug housing.

Click the embedded links above for more information. Links open in a new tab, leaving this page open for review.

/media/tinymce_upload/5abc87d2cea219502b505f97353a5f45.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/4d3b37922e9c59b6879464ed1a1f8969.JPG 

Yes it is true the flylead DOES come with the small PCB with plug. & conversly the small PCB comes with the flylead. I posted this bit of info before BUT it dissappeared.. See the pictures of the sealed packs that were delivered to me from Hornby shop.

RDS, keep up at the back 😆

The topic orginally had a topic title of "TechImp". RogerB changed it to the current title just after the original post was created. TechImp for some reason thinks it was me that changed it. Me, Roger, you, doesn't really matter who changed it, it has been done.

I have just ordered X9958 from a seller on ebay, who confirms it consist of both parts.

I have previously bought a tender sub assy from three sources. Two, including one from Hornby, were fitted with the plug, one wasn't.

I have also bought three of X9958 previously, and none came with plugs.

I think Hornby needs to grasp the concept of a Bill of Material.

Well I am glad that my post has inspired some debate - I have to say that I bought a X6113 and that is all I received. With postage costs all tjhe way to Australia you have to be careful and things are sometimes not all that clear or obvious.

I did think it was you Chris that modified the title - never mind whomever it was - thank you. 

All the very best Guys.

Techimp.

Archived