Tts sound decoder for 2p

Davoaus

Hi guys i recently got a 2p tts decoder which i installwd in my fowler. I have a z21 which i had it running on my hornby track pack system. Was getting sounds and train ran fine. When i changed over to the elink system and hooked my computer up the fowler ran but no sound. When i went into the settings i clicked the first sound modgel. It basically shorted the engine and the elink light just flashes on and off. There is a faint ping sound comming from the engine. To answer your question yes the z21 was disconected from the feeder when i hooked the elink up. Has anyone had anything similar or any answers.

Cheers guys

Davoaus

At first I thought 2p - bargain for a TTS decoder. Err that's loco type 2P.

Just selecting a loco in RM should not harm it as it is already standing on a live track. The flashing light on the eLink makes me think it is trying to do something but failing.

I would switch everything off and reboot from cold first with the Fowler off track then with it on and see if the fault reoccurs.

Rob

I think what ever happened to the sound decoder shorts out the elink when its on the track it wont let me re write the cvs or read it just says confirmation fail even when i try read or writ loco address. I say what ever happened to the tts chip it fried it. The wedtern master panier that the elink came with runs fine i tried turning everything off and re starting even put the jumper back in to make sure the motor works ok on an anolog controler. Works fine. How ever i then placed the tts back in and tried on anolog controler and it would only go in one direction when i reversed the switch it was dead.

Have you tried the TTS in the Pannier to see if it fails as in the 2P?  

If if it is still failing, is it less than 12 months old?  If it is, put it all back together and send it back under warranty. 

And I think what you are calling a jumper is actually known as a blanking plate?  Sheep are often involved in jumpers (yes I know, not in electronics, it's just a joke).

Archived