Locomotives not responding to DCC instructions

RDS

Carrot, may I suggest it would have been better to respond on your original thread rather than on the bottom of another, or start a new thread if a different problem to your original sticky buttons, as this seems to be.  

Concerning your problem, no you cannot rest decoders with a Select.  That said, setting accel/decel should not affect the address.  But can you check if your locos respond on address 03 as sometimes decoders reset themselves, especially if there has been a short on your layout, even a momentary one.

Hi everyone.  Well I sorted out thw problem progrmming my latest loco acquisition onto my Hornby Select.  Thanks to the guys to suggested using a programming trak.  Your advice was spot on.

However, another problem has emerged.  I spent some time today setting up the accelerate and decelerate settings on my SD & JR 7F.  I also found I needed to reset the Fd Rv settings on my SChools Class.

Having completed these tasks I now found that neither locomotive responds at all to any instruction from the DCC.  I have a Train Tech track testing device on the track so I do know I have power.  In the end I tried to reset the DCC but it wouldn't even do that.  So this is another appeal for help before I throw the unit in the river.  Any thoughts please...

Carrotcakbites originally posted his new question (below) on the end of an existing, completed thread.  I have moved his question and a response from Fishy to this new thread.

Hi Fish.  Sorry I obviously wasn't clear.  I was not trying to reset the loco decoder.  I was trying to reset the Select Controller in the hope that it would then begin to respond to my instructions.

When last I tried neither loco on the programme track is responding to the Controller; neither can I reset it.  However, according to my Train Tech Track Tester I am getting DCC power to the track.

Are you saying you are trying to operate the locos on the programming track? This won't work - you need to move the locos onto the main track and operate them there. The programming track is ONLY for changing/reading CVs, not for running the locos.

Ray

We are talking about the Select which only has one set of track output terminals used for both main running and programming dependant upon which knob has been twiddled. See page 25 of the latest manual.

Archived