RailMaster and 18-Pin Decoder

LMS_Dave

So, having given-up on using my 21-pin 36-557 decoders with RailMaster in favour of 8-pin decoders with a 36-559 21- to 8-pin adapter, a new conundrum.  To go with my newly-acquired Bachmann Branchline LNWR 0-6-2T Webb Coal tank 7841 in LMS black (35-051) I purchased a Hattons 18-pin 4-function 1.1Amp direct plug decoder with back EMF (DCR-18Pin-Direct).  Not quite surprisingly, RailMaster doesn't recognise this decoder either.  However, with no 18- to 8-pin adapter available, there's no easy fix this time around.  Anyone got any ideas? or is it just back to the good old support@rail-master.com with pdf technical sheet?  Maybe if someone has a technical sheet that would be useful too...

As previously, make sure everything spotlessly clean, pickups tensioned, only connect programming track not main track, gentle pressure on loco while programming, then contact HRMS.

And again, number of pins is quite irrelevant for any basic operations not including specific to decoder CVs. 

• 2 months later...

Apologies for being somewhat tardy in closing-off my entry here.  All of the problems I experienced with my 21-pin decoders were resolved quite simply after I'd spent a few hours of reflection and searching on the 'net.  Quite by chance, I was trying to add locos which, numerically, fell beyond the 64th item on my loco listing in RailMaster.  It turned-out that my decoders had, despite the software warnings, all programmed-up fine but wouldn't function because of another previously documented problem in the RailMaster software here https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/railmaster-has-limit-on-the-roster-of-64-active-locos/?p=1 .

Archived