Hornby coloured light signal

Hi all I am one link /railmaster. On my layout I have

five Hornby coloured light signals where four work perfectly

but the fifth  works on the test layout but not on live operating screen

when you click on the signal it will not change to red or

green can anyone help many thanks . Bob

Some basic diagnostics will help. Substitute the faulty signal with one of the four good working ones. Does the faulty one start working or does the previously good signal now become faulty. If the fault follows the signal, then there is something wrong with the signal. If the fault stays with the Accessory Decoder port you are using, then it is that part of the connectivity that needs further investigation.

You really haven't told us very much detail about what is connected to what and how it is wired.

What do you mean by:

works on the test layout but not on live operating screen

What is the "test layout"?

And as a supplement to Fishy's questions, is the Accessory Decoder port configured for continuous output operation and not a pulse.

Many thanks for your comment I know mt wiring is correct I'm sorry if you,don't understand my

decription of test layout, I mean the screen where you add the rails point and signals and by right clicking on the  signal you can test red or green . I will now try,a good signal and if that comes out the same I will then reprogram the accessory decoder

thank you  fishmanoz and chrissaf

bob jarrett

What you termed the "test layout" is better known as the "Track Design Screen". Testing signals in this screen is only supported in Railmaster ProPack and not the standard RM edition. Hence the clarification question. Your original query read as if you had a separate physical test layout to try things on before moving them to the production layout.

A screen shot showing where on your track plan the problem signal is placed would help. It may be placed too close to a point control position. Also a screen shot of the signal 'right click' configuration box will also help.

Note that images will be held back for Admin approval (Weekday Office Hours) before appearing after being posted.

Archived