Hornby D6830 DCC Conversion.

Guest Chrissaf

HI

This is the first time that I have posted to the forum. I am looking for help in converting a D6830 from DC to DCC. I bought it blindly and when I received it I opened it up and to my amazement it only has two wires a GREEN and a BLACK both go from the motor through to the rear bogie. How to I fit a harness and a decoder?

Is it possible to convert to DCC or not? Any help will be much appreciated

Ken...........you would find it easierl to get a pre-wired 8 pin socket such as this from RailwayScenics.......disconnect the green & black wires from the motor and join them to the Red & Black wires from the socket maintaining left & right to match your running direction......then solder the Orange & Grey wires to the motor, either way round.........if you feel like having front and rear running lights the white & yellow wires are ready for connection (with resistors to LEDs).......then any 8 pin decoder of your choice can be plugged in .........make sure the decoder is affixed securely so it can't move around and possibly short...........HB

/media/tinymce_upload/990a4d35895c6f68f08bb87d8cd9363b.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/8278f30d95c04f288fcf9e0711de7c3c.jpg

I bought those NEM652 sockets bare from Ali-Baba for 30p each and its a simple task to solder on the associated wires direct within the loco. A very economical way of adding dcc sockets to non dcc ready locos.

Archived