RailMaster (Chrome 35 issue)

Guest Chrissaf

Hi Ard, don't call the Samaritans. There is an issue with Chrome. Someone will be along shortly to explain more. Put the phone down and have a cuppa while your waiting. R-

EDIT: Actually I have just found lots on this subject. If you use the Search Forums function just over to the right and look for CHROME, you will see plenty of entries on the subject.

Ard, I don't use this setup personally, but I have read a LOT of posts on the subject of Chrome 35 and RM on this forum. My assessment is that you are currently 'chasing rainbows'. The RM APP has not been updated to work properly with Chrome versions above 35 and even if you can obtain a copy of Chrome 35 to install (unlikely), the Chrome auto update process keeps trying to replace it with the current version.

PS - No....you don't need Chrome on your RM Laptop as well, just the remote mobile device.

PPS - Most on here have resorted to TeamViewer (freeware) to overcome this issue. TeamViewer allows your RM Laptop screen and keyboard to be replicated and controlled by a remote device.

I am trying to get this working on my samsung galaxy tablet, before  I ring the samaritans do I need to have chrome on the laptop as well as the tablet? I have sorted out the dhcp settings, that works fine, but on the tablet I keep getting an error message saying chrome 35 is required. the tablet has the latest version of chrome installed, Regards, Neil.

Archived