Erratic stop start of mixed freight DCC

Stulay

Hi hoping someone can help, I have a brand new Mixed Freight set, when I opened the box the diesel train body was not sitting correctly on the chassis (tilted) I removed the chassis and aligned correctly.the steam engine is operating fine but the Diesel engine doesn't seem to be operating correctly, I have tried programming and after 3 or four flashes it is set to the program number, however there is no control, it will move about 20 inches then stop, then after 20-30 seconds move again the same distance, anyone have any similar problems and know who to resolve 

As it was new, you should have taken it back. Now you have 'fiddled' with the loco, you have voided the guarantee.

Take the diesel engine's top off, and see if the bare chassis runs ok. If it does, then you had something jammed. If it doesn't, you can maybe see what is jamming.

As it was new, you should have taken it back. Now you have 'fiddled' with the loco, you have voided the guarantee.

Take the diesel engine's top off, and see if the bare chassis runs ok. If it does, then you had something jammed. If it doesn't, you can maybe see what is jamming.

hi I was unable to take back as I bought it from Amazon, and live in Dubai,tried just runnig chassis but same issue. Fortunately Amazon are sending a replacement, just have to wait 2 or 3 days

I got mixed freight. I had many problems with it. Returned for a replacement, more problems. Returned again, feeling sorry for the shopkeeper. I returned it for Somerset Belle and very happy with it as my test track with track packs b and c. The shopkeeper gave me the J83 in mixed freight to compensate all my problems (he didn't have to).

Good luck with your mixed freight.

CL

Hi Guys, I received new set today and guess what... both engines are damaged , the bodies are loose on the chassis on both of them and neither of them work and can't be programmed. I tried the steam engine from the first set and that works fine, again Amazon are sending a replacement but very frustrating. Both sets have been sent by airfreight in the original box with no additional packaging and I was wandering if the engines could  not work because they have had some impact, it has definitely caused the bodies to become loose but not sure on the motor or electronics, also when I tried to program  the diesel but it flashed eight times  what does this mean? The steam engine seemed to program ok but doesnt work, any ideas is it just me or is it really the trains

CL what problems did you have?  

@Stulay

That is disappointing for you but my own experience with Amazon was that they provided excellent customer service when I had a problem, so I sure it will come good in the end (I hope so anyway).

Archived