Club Models 2017

PodHunter

• 2 months later...

I recall this time last year they issued a statement to say there would be no further club exclusive models. At the same time they sold off their stock of Terriers, Scotsman and Coronation exclusives to Rails. 

I do not think we will see anymore models, although I feel they should clarify their position to club members. 

They seem to have forgotten they have a club except at renewal time.

I recall this time last year they issued a statement to say there would be no further club exclusive models. At the same time they sold off their stock of Terriers, Scotsman and Coronation exclusives to Rails. 

I do not think we will see anymore models, although I feel they should clarify their position to club members. 

Yes, GRRRR, I got suckered in that one, bought a scotsman from the club and about 2 weeks later found that Rails were selling them at a discount. Hornby were a waste of money then, I will look carefully at what they are offering in the 'New club'.

When I eventually joined I did so for the 10% discount. 

£15 for the on line version, you get £15 to spend on any Hornby item, so in effect the membership is free, plus the 10% plus a sometimes interesting on line magazine. Trouble with exclusive club models is you might not have any interest in them, so really they need to make dozens to suit all tastes.  😆

No discount soon Only points (like Tesco?) 😆

• 2 weeks later...

£15 for the on line version, you get £15 to spend on any Hornby item, so in effect the membership is free, plus the 10% plus a sometimes interesting on line magazine. Trouble with exclusive club models is you might not have any interest in them, so really they need to make dozens to suit all tastes.  😆

it's better to have some thing to buy, then nothing,,

• 2 weeks later...

I recall this time last year they issued a statement to say there would be no further club exclusive models.

Thanks: I missed that announcement.  That answers my question, if only informally.

so what was the point of the £15  when there is nothing to spend it on.

yes you can say that again

Archived