Registering eLink on Win 10

Guest Chrissaf

Hi Can anyone help please

I am on Window 10, I have the software running but cannot register.  I have th e firewall off, logged on as Administrator but it tells me it cannot copy to the hard drive.  Any ideas??

Unfortunately RailMaster is not 'plug n play' on Windows 10, it needs a fair amount of setting up and configuration to make it work. But rest assured, it does work on Windows 10 as many users on here will testify to. Your Anti-virus is preventing RailMaster from accessing the Internet. The most common culprit for this is either Norton Security or McAfee anti-virus products (do you have either of these two installed?).

Work through the "RailMaster: Setting Up & Getting Started" sticky thread at the top of the RailMaster sub-forum. Although not strictly relevant to your Software registration issue, also follow the instructions in the stickies for modifying the 'railmaster.ini' file for Windows 10 / RailMaster compatibility. Doing this will help prevent other unrelated operational issues from arising later.

Also (for additional information) consult the 'RailMaster Help Site'......link for the help site is in the sticky thread above the thread mentioned above.

In the RailMaster program folder on your hard drive, is also a "Security.pdf" document. Make sure that you have adopted recommendations in this document if you have either Norton or McAfee anti-virus software installed on your PC.

If after following all the above documented guidelines you still have issues come back here and advise.

Archived