Entering nametags to Elite

Traincliff

Hi everybody. Long time since I posted here but I now have a minor challenge with both my Elite(v.1.41) and my friend's (latest version put on by Hornby while being serviced). Both units are at least 5 years old. Both show same symptom which suggests I may be doing some thing wrong rather than a unit fault. My unit has some loco names entered at least 3 years ago but I cannot enter any more and my pal's has none on it. I can type in the name OK but when I click the control  button to save it and put the code number in I get XXX on the screen for a few seconds before it disappears so am unable to put the loco code in. What if anything am I doing wrong please?

Exactly same on both Elites.

Thanks for reading and hopefully pointing out a solution.

Cliff

Hi RAF96. I think you may have just solved my problem. I had been entering from UNIT rather than LOCO /FEATURES. I have now downloaded this latest edition and will try as per page 44.

Please don't rap my knuckles - take that as done. Note to self: Print out and read updated manual and destroy previous editions.

Thanks again.

Cliff

😀Well Rob there we are. I now feel a complete whalley but thanks to your answer my problem with the 2 Elites is solved. Just entered in MARG ROS for Princess Margaret Rose 6203 without a hitch. Guess what bedtime reading will now be?

Thanks so much.

Cliff

Archived