Can't change decoder address - Elite

MarkNZ

Hi All

I'm trying to change the address on a Bachmann 37 loco which is fitted with a Bachmann decoder. However after numerous attempts I can't change it from the default 0003. 

I have another 37 (Same configuration) which changed fine. 

Could it be a dodgy decoder? It runs well and all the cab lighting works so not sure what it could be?

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated either on the decoder, the Elite or both. I'm pretty sure it's not operator error as I've managed to change the other one, but I could be wrong!

Cheers

Mark

Try a reset of the decoder that is being a problem. Write value 8 to CV8 on the programming track.

As you say in another post that you are new to DCC and may not be fully up to speed on the Elite it is simply a case of following the flow chart in the manual which mimics the screen menus and shows the options on any screen. However as you have managed to address one decoder OK then it seems you have the procedure correct.

Some Bachmann decoders can be fussy to program with Hornby kit but the later the revision state of your Elite (check the version on screen at startup) the better as each Elite update supports more and more 'alien' decoders.

Rob

Try a reset of the decoder that is being a problem. Write value 8 to CV8 on the programming track.

As you say in another post that you are new to DCC and may not be fully up to speed on the Elite it is simply a case of following the flow chart in the manual which mimics the screen menus and shows the options on any screen. However as you have managed to address one decoder OK then it seems you have the procedure correct.

Some Bachmann decoders can be fussy to program with Hornby kit but the later the revision state of your Elite (check the version on screen at startup) the better as each Elite update supports more and more 'alien' decoders.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I am most certainly on a steep learning curve in regards to DCC. I will do what you recommend, fingers crossed.

Mark

Don't forget, if resetting the Elite. Make sure it restarts in 'Standard' mode and not 'Classic'. If it starts in 'Classic' mode after a reset, change it back to 'Standard' using the Elite menu system. Instructions are in the Elite manual.

Archived