Bogie corridor luggage/parcels van

Euchlides

We now have an excellent range of Southern coaching stock, although there are still gaps.  One such gap is the bogie corridor luggage van.  The existing, Triang, version is terrible.  Surely, with the other Maunsell vans already in the current range, this anachronism could be retooled.  It is one of the most 'Southern' of all vehicles, appearing in the morning mail trains, pigeon specials and attached to major trains. It wandered all over the rail network, SR, LNER, LMS, GWR - everywhere.

There is therefore a wide market for this vehicle.  I for one would take several such vans if a retooled, accurate, version were to be produced.  Over to you, Hornby.

As a 'Southern' modeller I am in agreement.  Hornby making (or having made) the Van B and Van C, and Bachmann having made the Covcar and the PLV, only the GBL (a more accurate version)  and Scenery (Elephant) Van are missing from the range of SR parcels vans. (If you ignore oddments like the plastic bodied shock PLV and the Night Ferry vans.)

However I expect a shout of 'Foul !' from supporters of the other 'Big 4'  with only a limited number of models of NPCCS stock from the other three, especially the GW and LNE. Such interesting types as the LNE BZ, or the GW short Syphon (like the one once made by Lima but with proper GW bogies) would also be a welcome addition.

Parcels stock wandered all over the system so even the most strict regional modelers can find a jolly good excuse for including vehicles from other railways in their parcels trains.

Archived