Activation issues and succesful resolution with satisfaction

Hello

I want to tell you all of my own experiences of loading the trackmaster software. Like other users on this forum I failed at the first hurdle.

FIRST ATTEMPT AT INSTALLATION

I made the mistake unknowingly in putting

the CD straight into my Windows 7 64 bit PC. I wrongly assumed this would be ok since there was nothing printed on the CD, the CD sleeve or anything else included to suggest otherwise. I ended up with version 1.05 on my PC with the activation key entered and

accepted by Hornby yet the software still showing as evaluation version.

SEEKING THE SOLUTION

I then proceeded to try to work out what had gone wrong. I located the guide and the readme files which are located within the main folder on

the CD. After reading these I discovered one important factual piece of information embedded in these files crucial to the initial installation of the setup file. The relevant words are "highlight/right click on setup file and run as administrator". I had

not done this. I then proceeded to phone Hornby support who asked me to email the developers at support@rail-master.com will all of the facts of my problem. I was very pleasantly surprised that when ther replied today within 30 minutes.

THE SOLUTION

The

email from support@rail-master.com confirmed what I had discovered above. The solution offered was for me to uninstall the software and remove the trackmaster program folder manually. I was also advised that the activation key was deactivaated at their end

and ready for me to try again. So I loaded the CD, highlighted the setup file, run as administrator, watched the software install v1.04, opened the program v1.04, ticked the prompt to update to v1.05, watched the software install v1.05 opened the program v1.05

then finally entered my activation key successfully. I now have a full working verssion of the program on my PC.

AND FINALLY

My thanks to Hornby support and support@rail-master.com for the excellent responses and guidance in resolving

my issue. However this experience could have been avoided if there was some WARNING MESSAGE printed on the CD or CD cover to simply warn me to open and read the guidance notes BEFORE loading and installing the software. Also perhaps Hornby can post some installation/activation

noltes at the top of this forum category.

• 1 month later...
I installed track master and activated it. everything worked ok. then disaster struck.due to a crash I reset my computer using system restore and track master had disappeared, I tried to reinstall track master but received the message it was already activated

and it would only work in trial mode. I e-mailed support asking for help, after a week having received no reply i e-mailed them again still no reply, so after a couple of days I e-mailed customercare,and I am still waiting for a reply. It seems as if when

you have a problem they just don't want to know. S

• 1 month later...
Hi

I am experiencing the same problem with Track Master.

1/ Why don't Hornby issue a new version without the misleading Setup tab which does not work correctly.

2/The instructions I have received assume some degree of PC use as a lot

of people will not know how to lacate "c/Progam files/trackmaster

3/ I was going to proceed to purchase the Rail Master PC control system but after this the jury is out and I need some convincing.

4/ Perhaps Hornby need to look around the internet

as this problem is occuring with lots of users.(If I had then I would not have wasted £10)

Ro

• 6 months later...

im pleased you managed to get this system to work i have given up the ghost ive tried everything i got it registered then the day after it had gone back onto evaluation mode and i havent done anything with it since
hornby themselves have been as much

help as a chocolate teapot next to a fire

All, I agree there should be a warning about the procedures needed for this installation with reference to the documentation on the disk. However as far as sharing the information is concerned, take a look at the first thread in this forum from Hornby

Administration giving all of the necessary info just the same as detailed by Blue CO-CO above, including the address for the Trackmaster help team and that they can deactivate your key so you can use it again to repeat an installation.

Archived