Class 20 won't work

RB51

I need help just bought a new class20 with the however it won't work I've tried to read the address it won't read or respond write I have checked my track and controler work fine. Anyone help me please. Regards Dave.

"Class 20 with the"....... 'what'?.

And as HB says......what controller are you using?.......what makes you convinced that your track and controller are OK?......it has been proven in the past with other posters that what they said was OK turned out not to be.

Oh and please do state the loco model number. Assuming Hornby, the number in the Rnnnn format. You would not believe how may people buy a DCC Ready loco thinking it has a decoder inside it. Knowing the R number means we can check whether loco is DCC ready or DCC fitted from the factory.

The more information you give us. Even if it doesn't seem relevant information to you. Can make all the difference in us providing you with a targeted solution.

TTS sound I have a digital zephyr extra. Class 20 is brand new. Yes it does have a decoder with TTS sound. I have trouble changing the address it worked then next time it doesn't work. So I I checked my layout using other DCC trains including the flying Scotsman with TTS sound. They all worked they all were checked on my programm track all could be changed. So I know my system is fine.

The TTS is a cheap decoder (relatively to other sound decoder brands) and there do seem to be a lot of posts on this forum with brand new TTS fitted locos having decoder faults. If you feel confident that all your diagnostic testing is pointing to the TTS loco having the issue, then send it back for refund / replacement.

Archived