Advice on where to sell Riverossi HO trains/set

LucyR

My aged father has a huge, pristine (with all boxes) collection of Riverossi rolling stock, with immaculate extensive track. The whole thing is so large it even has it's own shed. We are currently downsizing his life for old age and so it all needs to go. Could anyone give me any advice as to where best to sell them - as a set via an auction house? if so, which one? or is there a shop in the UK that might take them, or a magazine or website, I could advertise them in? I've no idea where to even start and hoping someone on this forum might be able to help. Everthing is currently in Fife, Scotland, but could be brought down to England. Many thanks

Some good advice is given in this previous thread....ignore the first 5 posts on the page.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/selling-my-fathers-collection/?p=1

Just to the right near the top of the page just under the login avatar disc. Is a grey box saying "Search Forums"......put the word "Selling" in the box (ignoring the " " marks) and click the green magnifying glass icon. This will give a list of threads where selling collections has previously been discussed.

Hi ,,,,,firstly you have got eBay ,but you need to know about the item you are selling and there value ,,but if you want to sell it as a whole then there are a few shops / dealers that purchase ,,,,,Hattons  ( Liverpool ) ,,,,Rails of Sheffield ,,,,they would buy the whole collection from you I would say ,,,,also a online dealer ,,,,Ellis Clark Trains ,in Skipton ,Yorkshire ,he always seems to have something that is a bit different from the usual ,HORNBY ,BACHMANN etc ,,,,,,you can find there phone numbers via a Google search ,,,,,,hope this helps ,,mjb

Archived