LAISDCC Decoders

DEREK123

Hi again !! ....

Has anyone used these LAISDCC decoders ? Success or Failure ? Are they any good ?

On Ebay they are cheap ( item  152693063882 ) .... Are they a suitable decoder alternative for the X04 motors or the Ringfields 3 and 5 poles ? I was thinking of trying one out on my locos where I only need the motor to run ... ( no light functions etc.)  Your thoughts , experiences and any advice ?

Derek

A quick look at the spec for this decoder shows it to handle 2Amp peak and 750mA continuous.  More than a Hornby 8245 which is 500mA continuous but less than a number around that will handle 1Amp, although a high peak loading. Previous info says that an X04 in reasonable condition will be ok with one of these (some report an 8245 will handle one) but to be sure you should always perform a stall current test.

I was recently at a railway show in Loughborough where the MERG group were demonstrating their DCC control systems. They said their loco's were fitted with LAISDCC decoders and were very reliable. The loco's were able to run at incredible slow speeds without any hesitation. They used the decoders with 'stay alive' which are a couple of pounds more expensive. I have not yet purchased any but on what I saw I will be buying some. Hope this helps.

Archived