DCC blank sockets

DCC blank sockets

Hello al

i have recently purchased a DCC ready duke of Gloucester and I fitted it with a DCC chip how ever when it was DCC ready it had a blank socket on to and I have decided to go back to analogue as I go to a modal railway club that only do analogue so I go to luke for the blank socke and I have lost it and can't remember what I did with but I sus I threw I to I no the bin but would I be able to use my duke of Gloucester with no chip in there at all or do I need to put a blank in 

it is 8 pin socket 

many thanks jack k

If the DCC decoder has "DC Operation" enabled in CV29. Usually this is the case by default, then your DCC loco will run on a DC layout track and behave exactly as a DC loco would without any modification required whatsoever. Thus there would be no need to keep opening up the loco and replacing your DCC decoder with blank bypass plugs in the DCC socket every time you want to run the loco on the club layout. I am assuming here that you are still running your loco on DCC when at home.

More information on this web page explaining CV29

http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29%20calculator.htm

PS - If you go into your Forum Account Page (after you have logged in of course) you have got the option of changing your "DCC blank sockets" user name to something else. Note however; that you can ONLY change your 'user name' a limited number of times (once or twice IIRC).

Archived